Fuji Fujifilm 16-55mm f2.8 R LM WR Fujinon Lens
Special Offers & Accessories
Please add the product or a bundle to your basket to view special offers and accessories.
Prices shown are EXCLUSIVE of import tax/duty unless you are logged in. Import Handling for Import tax/duty will be added to the price according to the shipping address provided when you sign up.
The Fuji 16-55mm f2.8 R LM WR Fujinon lens is a weather-resistant, wide-angle to medium telephoto zoom for use with Fuji's popular X series of interchangeable lens cameras. From sweeping landscapes, candid portraits and everything in between, the lens features a versatile focal length (24-84mm in 35mm format) and a constant f2.8 aperture to ensure ultra-sharp images across the entire zoom range, even in dimly lit environments. The lens' advanced optical construction (17 elements in 12 groups) assures minimal ghosting and flare, whilst the linear motor allows for comfortable shooting with fast, quiet autofocusing.
- Wide-angle to medium-telephoto zoom
- Edge-to-edge sharpness
- Suitable for a wide range of shooting scenes
- 16-55mm (24-84mm in 35mm format)
- Constant f2.8 aperture
- Nano-GI coating for reduced ghosting and flare
- Linear motor for fast, quiet autofocusing
- Solid, weather-resistant construction
- Fuji X-mount
Optically designed to draw out the maximum image quality as a flagship standard zoom lens
- In order to achieve the best-in-class image quality, the fast standard zoom lens with a constant aperture of F2.8 consists of 17 elements in 12 groups. This includes three aspherical lens elements to control spherical aberration and distortion, and three ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral chromatic aberration (wide-angle) and axial chromatic aberration (telephoto), thereby achieving edge-to-edge sharpness across the entire zoom range.
- Applying Fujifilm’s unique HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) to the entire area of the lens surface ensures ghosting and flare are controlled for sharp, clear images. Also, using the newly developed Nano-GI coating technology, which alters the refractive index between glass and air, ghosting and flare are effectively reduced for diagonal incident light. <
- Nine rounded aperture blades create a smooth, circular bokeh. The suppression of spherical aberration to the ultimate extent contributes to produce beautiful bokeh at both the front and back.
- By combining this lens with an X Series camera body** with Lens Modulation Optimiser*** (LMO) technology, the performance from the lens is improved even further. LMO corrects for diffraction*4 to produce images with edge-to-edge sharpness and create a realistic three-dimensional effect, even at small apertures.
High-speed, quiet auto focus thanks to the Linear Motor
- An Inner Focusing System*5 is used for high-speed AF. By reducing the weight of the focus lens and mounting the Twin Linear Motor, high-speed, quiet AF is possible. The fastest AF speed of 0.06 seconds brings comfort to your photo-shoot when by combining this lens with an X Series camera body** offering Phase Detection AF. Combined with the near-silent shutter sound, photos can be taken unnoticed in quiet locations.
- As AF operates using a signal from the imaging sensor, extremely high-precision focusing is possible.
Weather resistant, dust-resistant and -10°C low-temperature operation
- With weather-sealing at 14 locations, the lens is weather-resistant, dust-resistant and -10°C low-temperature operation, making it the perfect companion for the X-T1, which has the same levels of protection.
High build quality and comfortable operation
- Both the focus and aperture rings are metal, plus metal is also used on the exterior of the lens body for a high-quality finish. Thanks to long-term experience and broaden knowhow for other top-end professional lens fields such as Broadcasting and Cinema Scope, the texture and torque on the rings makes for comfortable shooting even for delicate manual focusing. The lens mount is made from brass for improved strength.
- Combined with a camera body, the lens is approximately 60% of the weight of a full-size system*6, considerably reducing the burden on the photographer for astonishing ease of use.
- The AF+MF function enables seamless manual focusing. After pressing the shutter to autofocus on the subject, fine adjustments can then be made using the manual focus ring.*7
** Supported by the "FUJIFILM X-T1", "FUJIFILM X-T1GS" and "FUJIFILM X-E2" as of January, 2015.
*** Fujifilm's own image processing function that corrects the optical effects of diffraction, based on the optical performance of each lens.
*4 Phenomenon that occurs when the shooting with a narrow aperture in which fine images that should originally be sharp become blurred.
*5 Method for moving the small lenses in the middle and rear sections of the lens, without moving the large lenses composing the front of the lens.
*6 Fujifilm research.
*7 A function allowing seamless manual focusing by rotating the focus ring while pressing the shutter halfway during AF lock. A firmware upgrade is required for the camera body in order to use this function. (Applicable models: X-Pro1/X-E1/X-E2/X-T1/X-T1GS)
|Lens Type||Telephoto Zoom|
|Focal length - wide (mm)||16|
|Focal length - tele (mm)||55|
|Max aperture - wide||2.8|
|Max aperture - tele||2.8|
|Minimum focus distance (m)||0.6|
|Lens mount||Fuji X|
|Filter thread (mm)||77|
|Enlargement ratio||0.16x (telephoto)|
|Size||83.3 x 106mm|
Fuji 16-55mm f2.8 R LM WR Fujinon Lens
Front and Rear Lens Cap
There are currently no product reviews.
|You have 0 items in cart