Canon 24-70mm f2.8LII Lens
Special Offers & Accessories
Please add the product or a bundle to your basket to view special offers and accessories.
Prices shown are EXCLUSIVE of import tax/duty unless you are logged in. Import Handling for Import tax/duty will be added to the price according to the shipping address provided when you sign up.
The all-purpose Canon EF 24-70mm f2.8L II USM Lens is a pro-spec, fast aperture zoom lens that's suitable for all areas of photography. The Canon EF 24-70mm f2.8L II USM lens features a new, redesigned optical system that includes two ultra-low dispersion (UD) and super UD aspheric elements to minimise colour aberration and ensure exceptional sharpness, even at the maximum 70mm focal length. Each lens element also features Canon’s optimised Super Spectra coatings to reduce ghosting and flare and ensure excellent colour balance. The lens features a compact and tough L series construction to protect the lens from knocks and bumps as well as against dust and moisture. The fast maximum aperture of f/2.8 and USM (Ultrasonic Motor) allows for fast, low light shooting and near-silent focusing with full-time manual override. The Canon EF 24-70mm lens provides the out of focus areas with an attractive blur thanks to its rounded 9 blade diaphragm.
Canon EF 24-70mm f2.8L II USM Lens
- Next-generation optical design, featuring ultra-low dispersion (UD) and super UD elements for exceptional sharpness.
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture for low-light shooting and control over depth of field.
- Aspherical lens elements combat chromatic aberration.
- L-series build quality; sealed against dust and moisture.
- Tough construction protects against knocks and bumps.
- Fluorine coated front and rear elements for easy cleaning.
- Ultrasonic AF for fast, near-silent focusing with full-time manual override.
- Minimum focus distance of 0.38m.
- Nine-bladed circular aperture diaphragm for smooth natural bokeh.
- The original EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens was introduced in November 2002 to replace the EF 28-70mm f/2.8L USM.
- The EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM is a very popular lens noted for its versatility and image quality.
- With the progression of the digital camera age, Canon has listened to users’ demands for a version of this lens that offers higher image quality and a reduction of performance loss resulting from long-term use in harsh environments.
- As a response, Canon has developed and released the EF24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, offering extremely high image quality.
In Comparison: Canon 24-70mm f2.8L II USM vs Canon 24-70mm f2.8L USM
|Model||Canon 24-70mm f2.8L II USM ||Canon 24-70mm f2.8L USM |
|Date introduced||Feb 2012||Nov 2002|
|Ultra low dispersion element (UD)||1x super UD & 2 x UD||1x UD|
|Circular aperture||9 blades||8 blades|
|Min. focusing distance||0.38m||0.38m|
|Full Time Manual Focus||Yes||Yes|
|Zoom ring lock||Yes||No|
|Weight||Aprox 805g||Aprox 950g|
|Zoom or Prime||Zoom|
|Focal length - wide (mm)||24|
|Focal length - tele (mm)||70|
|Max aperture - wide||2.8|
|Max aperture - tele||2.8|
|Lens mount||Canon EF|
|Sensor format||Full Frame|
|Filter thread (mm)||82|
|Minimum focus distance||0.38m|
|Size||88.5 x 113mm|
Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8 L II USM
Front and rear lens caps
There are currently no product reviews.
|You have 0 items in cart