The new MONARCH 5 combines the superiority of Nikon’s ED (extra-low dispersion) Glass with Fully Multicoated Eco-Glass Lenses to deliver images that are extremely lifelike in color and detail. The MONARCH 5 also features a lightweight design, turn-and-slide rubber eyecups and long eye relief, making this binocular comfortable and easy to use.
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass for chromatic aberration compensation and clearer viewing
- Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating ensures superior transmittance uniformity across the visible range resulting in brighter images and more natural colours
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for bright images
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution
- Long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Close focusing distance: 7.0m (8x56), 5.0m (16x56/20x56)
- Eco-glass optics that are free of lead and arsenic are used for all lenses and prisms
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Rubber armouring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip
- Lightweight body uses fibreglass-reinforced polycarbonate resin
- Soft-to-the-touch neck strap
- Flip-down objective lens cap
- Tripod adaptor is a supplied accessory for 16x56 and 20x56 models
Featuring Nikon’s ED Glass Lenses
All MONARCH 5 binoculars are now built with Nikon’s legendary ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass lenses, which correct chromatic aberrations across the furthest limits of the visible light range and effectively compensate for color fringing. Even when observing objects that would make chromatic aberration the most apparent – such as adjacent whites and blacks – the images will maintain superior contrast and resolution thanks to the ED glass lenses. The improved resolution also provides brighter, more natural looking images, making the MONARCH 5 a serious contender to be your “go-to” binocular for years to come.
Enjoy Comfortable Viewing
Nikon has manufactured the MONARCH 5 binoculars, as well as many other of its optics, with a high-eyepoint design. This provides a clear field of view for everyone, even when the user is wearing eyeglasses, with sufficient space between the user’s eye and the eyepiece lenses.
Fully Multicoated Eco-Glass Lenses
Multilayer coatings, which provide an even higher light transmittance across the entire visible light spectrum, are applied to all of the lens and prism surfaces that transmit light. This minimizes the loss of light due to reflection, thereby ensuring a more natural, clearer view.
Dielectric High-Reflective Multilayer Prism Coating
This technique boosts light reflectivity for the full visible range, which provides clearer whites and a sharper, brighter, and more natural vision across the entire field of view.
Turn-and-Slide Rubber Eyecups
The turn-and-slide rubber eyecups allow users to adjust the eye-relief for a custom fit - providing a full field of view and maximum comfort during extended periods of use.
Durable Rubber-Armored Body
Built to handle any environment, the MONARCH 5 has a rubber-armored coating to withstand extreme use and provide a non-slip grip, even in the wettest conditions.
Smooth Central Focus Knob
This intuitive design allows fast, detailed focus on subjects close-in or at a distance.
Waterproof and Fogproof
MONARCH 5 binoculars are Nitrogen filled and O-Ring sealed for complete waterproof and fogproof performance.